|Big Fun In Small Boat Sailing!
April 21, 2016
The first general membership meeting for 2016 started the season off with weather so pleasent it was hard to bring people inside. Once everyone was settled in the ball got rolling with exciting news that included upcoming collaborations with the River Cities Community Sailing Program and the Derby City Yacht Club.
2016 First General Membership Meeting Summary
- Seventy people have been invoiced for the coming year. We had about sixty-five members of various levels last year.
- Passafiume will seal the asphalt and put a concrete end cap at the up river end of the bottom area.
- Sail storage - Joe Bechley and Jim Wilhelm have rearranged the sail storage to have 55 sunfish sails and all the Laser spars stored in lower level. Plus, there is room for Highlander, Thistle and other sails along the walls.
- Keith Kentizer is going to work on adding landscape lighting for front deck steps and along the sidewalk.
- Long Range Planning committee met several times last year and identified several areas of focus: membership development (knowledge of sailing rules and grow membership to 100, especially young people), continue to organize fleet racing, increased social activities and family sailing, improve sail storage, finish lower level paving, weather station, reduce erosion, expand social space of club. We also need to develop a social media presence, develop social/marketing committee, explore business collaboration for regatta sponsorship and expand our branding. Many of these areas have been completed or started already.
- The calendar of events was approved.
2016 Committee Chairs Announced
- The River Cities Youth Sailing program will be held at the Louisville Sailing Club this year. This is a way the club can help promote youth sailing. (More Information will be coming later.)
- Joint sailing with Derby City Sailing Club is scheduled for six Saturdays - This would include a cook out after the events. (More Information will be coming later.)
- The River City Community Sail program is June 18th at Cox's Park. (More Information will be coming later.)
- Bluegrass Games will be held at the Louisville Sailing Club again this year. One design boats from all over the state of Kentucky are invited.
- Race Committee – Keith Kenitzer (let Keith know what dates you cannot serve)
- Membership – Eugene Cox
- Docking – David Bauer
- Grounds – Neal Deaves and Lee Gerstle
- Clubhouse – Lisa Hart
- Directory – Fanny Timmer
- Social – Stuart and Keli Ulferts and Ed and Becky Craig
- Vessels – Jim McBee
- Current Conditions - Jim Wilhelm
- Website – Joe Burch
It Is Time To Make Your Payment
Invoices for the Louisville Sailing Club have been sent to all members. Please review it and adjust it for any additional boats that you have stored on club's property.